Adjustable Folding Razor
Filed Wednesday, 13th August 1919
Published Tuesday, 8th March 1921
Inventor Christian E. A. Gronbech
Language EnglishCPC Classification:
Razors of the open or knife type; Safety razors or other shaving implements of the planing type; Hair-trimming devices involving a razor-blade; Equipment therefor
Performing Operations; Transporting
Hand Cutting Tools; Cutting; Severing
Hand-Held Cutting Tools Not Otherwise Provided For
For a full resolution version of the images click here
A PDF version of the original patent can be found here.
Parts not referenced in the text: None
Parts not referenced in the images: None
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, Christian E. A. Gronbech, a citizen of the United States, residing at Woodhaven, Long Island, in the county of Queens and State of New York, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Safety-Razors, of which the following is a specification.
My invention relates generally to improvements in safety razors, and is more particularly concerned with means for adjustably retaining the blade in position in a safety razor.
The present invention may be used with a number of types of safety razors, but its particular application is in connection with the type of folding safety razor forming the subject matter of a copending application for patent, Serial Number 297,252 filed May 15, 1919, in the names of Winfred H. Van Gorder and Christian E. H.
Stated in general terms, the invention comprises a blade holder, in which the blade may be adjusted, such blade holder provided with means coöperating with complemental means in a part of the razor for securely retaining the blade in adjusted position in the razor.
The invention is illustratively exemplified in the accompanying drawing, in which like letters of reference refer to like parts throughout, and wherein
As stated above, the invention may be used in a variety of types of razors, and that shown in the drawing is a folding safety-razor comprising a base plate
Adjacent the ends
The base plate
The device may be manipulated as follows:—To secure the desired projection of the cutting edge
What I claim is:
1. A razor blade holder, comprising an adjustable strap embracing the blade, and means whereby the strap may be removably secured to a part of a razor.
2. A razor blade holder, comprising a strap having its opposite ends turned over the ends of the blade, said strap capable of adjustment in relation to the edge of said blade and means in the strap for removably securing the same to a part of a razor.
3. A razor blade holder, comprising a strap embracing the blade and means where by the strap may be removably secured to a part of a razor, in combination with the base plate of a razor, and means thereon cooperating with the means of the strap for removably securing the holder to the plate.
4. In a device of the character described, the combination with the base plate of a razor having a central opening and oppositely disposed studs, of a blade holder having a central spur for engaging said opening and oppositely disposed holes for engagement with said studs.
5. In a device of the character described, the combination with the base plate of a razor having a central rectangular opening and oppositely disposed studs, of a blade holder having a central bent spur for engaging said opening and oppositely disposed differently shaped holes for engagement with said studs.
In testimony whereof I have affixed my signature in presence of two witnesses.
Christian E. A. Gronbech.